There are many reasons people choose to dance beyond using it as a form of expression or a way to socialize. If you’ve gone through an emotionally or mentally draining situation, dancing may be beneficial to you because physical activities offer benefits like clearing the mind and calming the nerves. Dance can decrease anxiety, boost your mood and improve your physical fitness. When you’re choosing between the different dance schools in Edmonton, it’s important to find a place where you can nurture your physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
At Arthur Murray Dance Studio, you’ll find that our instructors and teaching methods focus on each dancer’s needs, allowing you to get whatever you desire out of each lesson.
Why You Should Dance
- Dance as a workout: Dancing is a form of expression. It’s been used for centuries as a method of story-telling, entertainment and socialization. But dance is also a great workout. If you feel sluggish or out of shape, try a new workout with one of our dance classes. To get results and have lots of fun doing it, dance lessons could be the answer you’re looking for.
- Dance to clear the mind: You’re constantly thinking on your feet, multi-tasking between work, family, paying bills and more. What do you do to get out of your head and relax? There are many physical outlets you can choose from, but there are few better than dancing. Dance is an innately expressive art form as well as a physical release of body tension, making it the perfect way to clear your mind after a stressful day.
- Dance for emotional wellbeing: We believe that there is a connection between the mind and body, so taking classes at dance schools in Edmonton will allow you to increase your confidence and reduce your stress. As a social activity, dancing can help you break out of your comfort zone and meet new people. What happens to the body can influence the mind, and learning a new dance can help you decrease tension and minimize isolation.
Why Choose Our Dance School in Edmonton
Arthur Murray Dance Studio has been teaching dance lessons in Edmonton since 1951. All of our instructors are certified by the World Professional Dance Teacher Federation. You should choose our dance school in Edmonton for your lessons because we offer:
- Flexible lesson times
- Certified professional instructors
- Second to none teaching methods
- Largest dance studio in the world (over 400 locations worldwide)
- Customized dance programs
- Fun, quick and easy instruction
- Lessons for all levels, from beginners to world champions
No matter what type of dance you want to learn or how advanced your skills are, you’ll find the perfect instructor and dance program with us. Get moving with Arthur Murray Dance Studio. Book a lesson to get started!